Below are our most recent Heartbeat articles on our little heart heroes.
- Winter 2012 - Mended Little Hearts on Board; and the Anatomy of a Support Group
- Fall 2012 - MLH Leadership Training 2012: Another Success; and a Mended Little Hearts advocacy article, Speaking Up Speaking Out - Making a Difference Through Advocacy
- Summer 2012 - Caregiving for Children with CHD: Three Parents’ Perspectives
- Spring 2012 - How Mended Little Hearts Has Grown!
- Winter 2011 - How MLH Groups Benefit Their Communities
- Fall 2011 - MLH Leadership Training
- Summer 2011 - CHD Lobby Day - A huge success!
- Spring 2011 - Congenital Heart Defects: Not your average heart disease.
- Winter 2010 - MLH in Action: Getting Results: With an abundance of new groups, MLH is raising CHD awareness and improving the lives of children and families across the country.
- Fall 2010 - MLH’s 4th Coordinators’ Training -With over 60 participants, MLH had its biggest convention yet. They came with commitment to the cause; they left with a plethora of tools for improving the lives of families facing congenital heart disease.
- Summer 2010 - MLH Voices - Spreading Awareness and Advocating for CHD Issues: The parents of Mended Little Hearts speak for those whose voices are small and weak, and they are making those voices heard in their communities and their state legislatures.
- Spring 2010 - Program Coordinator Jodi Lemacks explains how MLH fulfills its mission by living up to its motto - Hope, Help, Healing.
- Winter 2009 - MHI chapters and MLH groups are finding that they have a lot in common and enjoy working together.
- Fall 2009 - MLH had their biggest convention yet. We get a recap from our four heart moms who were there.
- Summer 2009 - Coping with Congenital Heart Disease - Eight parents of children with CHD discuss how they live with a malady no one survived only a generation ago.
- Spring 2009 - Max's Mom Named New Leader for MLH - Susan Vanderpool, coordinator of MLH Tulsa, is dynamic, well-organized and a multi-tasker, which is a good thing because she is now the new national committee chair of Mended Little Hearts.
- Winter 2008 - New Leaders in MLH - We profile five of the movers and shakers that are helping MLH grow.
- Fall 2008 - Continuing To Grow - Mended Little Hearts is growing like a well-tended garden, touching the lives of more and more families dealing with congenital heart disease.
- Summer 2008 - Little Hearts, Big Expense - Congenital heart defects can have a devestating effect on a family's finances.
- Spring 2008 - What About the Dads? - Moms and children take center stage in Mended
- Hearts, but the dads have feelings too . Here's what they have to say.
- Winter 2007 - MLH coordinators from across the country came together before the convention.
- Fall 2007 - Nine-year-old Shawn Stockwell needs a heart transplant but it can't be done in his home state of Alaska. That's why he's been living with Ronald McDonald for the last 16 months in California.
- Summer 2007 - Mended Little Hearts is getting bigger! Read about the newest groups in Oklahoma, Minnesota, Florida and Wisconsin.
- Spring 2007 - In South Dakota, Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts work, share and play together. Plus an update on developments in pediatric cardiology.
- Winter 2006 -The parents involved in Mended Little Hearts know that "been there, done that" is a sanity-saving contribution to families of children with congenital heart defects.
- Fall 2006 - While there's no "one-size-fits-all" formula for organizing a Mended Little Hearts group, this Central California example is noteworthy.
- Summer 2006 - Mended Little Hearts is rejuvenating some Mended Hearts Chapters.
- Spring 2006 - Mommy, Why Am I Different - Experts comment on how to tell a child about their heart condition
- Winter 2005 - Little Hearts Hold Big Hopes - What local MLH programs are doing across the country.
- Fall 2005 - Don't Forget About You - Tips for those caring for young children with congenital heart defects.
- Summer 2005 - Overcoming the Competition - How two hospitals worked with MLH to provide the support needed by both of their patients.
- Summer 2005 - What About the Other Kids - How the Hof family ensured the entire family was taken care during thier daughters early years.
- Spring 2005 - Passing on Hope - Story of one families desire to give the gift of hope to others.
- Spring 2005 - Coming Home -- Tips from People Who Know - The McCorvey's share thier advice on raising a child with a congenital heart defect.
- Winter 2004 - Report on First MLH Charter Ceremony & State of the Art - Joe DiMaggio's Children Hospital and MLH officially recognize the first chartered group in the country. And, a brief piece on new developments in pediatric cardiology.
- Winter 2004 - The Many Faces of Hope - What a young man and a beauty queen have in common.
- Winter 2004 - Completing the Journey - How twin sister's Kari and Kristen turned their congenital heart defects into helping children.
- Fall 2004 - What is MLH & A Dr.'s Perspective - MLH Overview and Differences in treating a traditional heart patient and a child with a congenital heart defect from a doctors perspective.
- Fall 2004 - A Parent's Tale - Tale of the Varns family.
- Fall 2002 - Mended "Little" Heart - Story of Tanner Yanez, just one of many babies who battle heart disease.